Egg muffins are easy to make, healthy and versatile. Eggs are a wonderful source of protein, energy releasing B vitamins and immunity boosting D. You can make these egg muffins a day or two ahead and have them as a snack, breakfast and they fit perfectly into kid’s lunchboxes. The vegetables here are just one of the many options. You can experiment with other veggies such as courgettes, mushrooms as well as adding tuna or ham. Basically anything you would put into an omelette!
6 medium eggs
3 spring onions
1 red or green pepper
Small handful of spinach
40g grated cheddar cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 200°C
- Wash and chop the onions, pepper, tomatoes and pepper into small pieces roughly tear the spinach and combine in a bowl with salt and pepper to taste
- Crack and whisk the eggs in a separate bowl. Then add this to the chopped vegetables. Add in the cheese if you’re going for the cheesey option.
- Lightly grease a muffin tray with oil or butter. You can also use muffin cups (less mess)
- Pour the egg muffin mixture evenly into the muffin holes or cups.
- Then off to the oven they go for about 15 to 20 mins. When they’re firm to the touch, they’re good to go.
Recipe suggestion by Kaysha Thomas
Connect with Kaysha
- Twitter: https://www.instagram.com/kayshathomas/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kayshathomas/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kaysha.thomas.1
- Website: http://www.KayshaThomas.com